Thursday, March 3, 2011

What a joke

Just got this in my email Inbox the other day. 

We regret to inform you that we are unable to accept your application for the
2011 Leadville Trail 100 MTB race. In order to offer the nation’s highest quality athletic
experience with the utmost degree of safety, medical care, and racer support, we are
unable to accommodate every interested rider. We do not offer a waiting list, and are
unable to accept entries for 2012.


Not that I am overly disappointed (considering the lack of technical terrain) but it's funny how some (you know who i am talking about) get in at the last minute and others are rejected when registering the day the lottery opens.  Is this really a "lottery".  I don't know, but I have heard conflicting stories.

This was going to be my one shot at Leadville, so I guess now I can check that one off the list.  Much like the hyped up 24 Hours of Moab, these races don't do it for me.  I prefer the low-key, racer friendly type events.  You know, the ones that REALLY care about the quality of riding for the riders.  The ones that aren't really out to make money, but just put on a great race.  A great example is the Mohican 100 race in Ohio.  Probably one of the toughest 100-mile races, this event ranks as one of my favorite all-time events. 

So no hard feelings towards Leadville, it just sort of makes me laugh.  Have fun Levi, Lance, etc

No comments: