Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Upcoming Event

In two weeks I will compete in my first race of the season.  I have opted to race on the pavement rather than dirt to get in a few more race miles in the legs.  The 2nd race of the Oregon Cup Series is the King's Valley RR held near Philomath, OR has a great course (lots of rollers) and a total length of 75 miles.  Looking at past results suggests that there will be a relatively strong field for the event.  The objective for the day will be to get in some hard riding without killing myself.  In other words, a controlled race-effort.  Ideally I would like to get in a break early to keep the HR/Power in the tempo zone.  Sitting in the pack all day will not accomplish this.   I am hoping to have my Power Tap wheel in time for the race to be able to look at the data and analyze the results.

For information about the race click here.

No comments: