Sunday, January 2, 2011

2 Quotes of the week

In the absense of last week's "quote of the week", you get two quotes this week.  Think of it as my holiday gift to you.  Happy New Year all!

"Pain is a big fat creature riding on your back. The farther you pedal, the heavier he feels. The harder you push, the tighter he squeezes your chest. The steeper the climb, the deeper he digs his jagged, sharp claws into your muscles."

- Scott Martin


"What makes a great endurance athlete is the ability to absorb potenial embarrassment, and to suffer without complaint. I was discovering that if it was a matter of gritting my teeth, not caring how it looked, and outlasting everybody else, I won. It didn't seem to matter what sport it was--in a straight-ahead, long-distant race, I could beat anybody. If it was a suffer-fest, I was good at it."

- Lance Armstrong

No comments: