Friday, November 19, 2010

Quote of the week

I would like to start posting a "Quote of the week".  I am going to begin but it would be great to hear some of YOUR favorite quotes.  the quotes do not necessarily have to be cycling-related...although it would be preferred.

So here is the first Quote.  This is actually a Quote from Doug Bradbury of Crested Butte, CO.  The Quote was posted in a recent Mountain Bike magazine on the topic of "Why I ride".

"Riding is life.  It's new every time, even if I ride the same trail forever: the way the light plays, texture of the trail, moisture, or not, in the dirt, temperature, the time of day, the time of year; how my legs feel, my reactions, speed, power, endurance, I never, know til I go!  It's such a great legal, free high.  It's the ultimate Tao, too; my mind reacts to the next rock, it doesn't think about it.  The biggest reason?  I'm smiling at the end of every ride".

Share your favorite Quote and I might post it.

No comments: