Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Breck Epic Stage 4

Today's word of the day was "suffer"...'nuff said

Check out this cool video of today's stage, of course it looks much easier than it was.

I'm going to keep this short and simple.  Stage 4 was all about climbing and epic singletrack.  When I woke up this morning I was feeling good, however, once I started climbing all things changed.  I was having a hard time breathing and my legs felt like they were filled with cement.   The total mileage today was just over 40 miles, and from about mile 18 I was hurting.  I couldn't get into a rhythm on the climbs and seemed to struggle on the technical descents as well.  I guess it was one of those days, and unfortunately, I lost a few minutes to the rider behind me (Zeke Hersh) so I am now in 10th overall in the GC.

I hope my body responds better tomorrow because we will be climbing up to Wheeler Pass over 12,000ft.





No comments: