Monday, May 3, 2010

Saddle Sores

...are not something any cyclist enjoys. I won't go into graphic details, or come close to sharing the same pain that Ben Day encountered (read story if you haven't heard) but they are not pleasant and can affect your riding in more ways than one.  I have recently acquired one and I can honestly say this is one of the worst saddle sores I have had.  I have been soaking in warm water with Epsom Salt to help reduce it so that I can get back on the bike soon.  In the meantime, my arse won't be seeing the saddle anytime soon.  Just to let you know how bad it is (ok this isn't graphic) I have to keep my weight shifted to the opposite "cheek" while sitting.

I'm hesitant to pop the thing, as I don't want it to get infected.  If anyone has any experienced advice, please share.

No comments: