Thursday, March 11, 2010

Team Kit

A new Team kit is currently in the design phase. I'm pretty psyched on how it is looking so far. I am hoping to have everything by the end of April or early May. Mt Borah will be supplying the clothing this season rather than Louis Garneau.

I could show you a sneak peak but that would only tease you, and you don't like to be teased...do you?

On a side note, I decided against competing in the Echo Red to Red race last weekend. I was feeling under the weather for most of last week and didn't want to stress the body anymore than necessary. However, I got a text from a friend of mine saying that he was putting together a small group to go ride the McKenzie River Trail. This is one of Oregon's better trails, and certainly one of the best within an hours drive from Bend. 29 miles one-way of damn sweet singletrack with a good mixture of rocks, lava, and roots. I had not ridden this trail before, so when the opportunity presented itself I couldn't refuse. Funny how quickly my body felt better. Next time I ride that trail I would like to do the out-and-back and make it a full days worth of riding.




With several stops along the way to soak in some of the beauty along the trail (waterfalls rivers, etc) and many bridges that required dismounting to walk across, we finished in roughly 3.5 hours. Doing it as an out-and-back I figure it would take about 6.5 hours.



No comments: