Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Another Date With the Doctor

I will be heading back to OHSU (Oregon Health Science University) tomorrow to have another surgery to remove a Salivary Gland tumor. There are 3 salivary glands, and my tumor is in the Parotid gland. I have a marble sized lump underneath my left ear that has grown significantly over the past 6 months. My doctor confirmed that it was benign during my Thyroidectomy surgery, however, she didn't want to wait too long before removing the tumor thus eliminating any chance of it becoming cancerous.

I will spend a night over in the hospital, but the surgery sounds pretty routine. Once this tumor is removed I will feel like a huge weight was just lifted off my shoulders. Staring at this damn lump for the past six months has been torture.

If all goes well I should be up and riding by the weekend. I'll just have to take it one day at a time. Wish me luck!

No comments: